Challenge yourself while helping others Open The Bible.
Bible Society's 20/20 Challenge aims to raise $80,000 by the end of 2020 to help others here and overseas Open The Bible through all means possible. To take part, individuals and groups pledge to complete a 20 minute challenge for every $20 raised. Challenge activities can include reading the Bible, running, cycling or any other activity you would like to challenge yourself in.
Raised so far
- Anonymous just donated $2.08
- Jamie LEW just donated $20
- Fei Yanqiu just donated $100
- Zhu Aitian just donated $100
- Anonymous just donated $104
- Anonymous just donated $104
- Juliana just donated $312
- Anonymous just donated $38.48
- Valmai Salmond just donated $208
- Brian & Chris just donated $400
- BBC just donated $70.72
- Ann Leitch just donated $100
- James just donated $104
- Jodi Koepke just donated $20.80
- Anonymous just donated $200
- Christopher Johnson just donated $5.20
- Maria mahdalena just donated $41.60
- Maria Mahdalena just donated $41.60
- Maria Mahdalena just donated $41.60
- Finny abraham Thadathil just donated $111.28
Donations over $2 are tax-deductible.
Please continue to follow social distancing rules in your State while participating in this challenge.
How to participate:
Choose to participate as yourself or in a team.
Decide what type of challenge activity you want to participate in.
Register on this website and set up a fundraising page.
Share your fundraising page and this video with everyone!
What are we raising funds for?
We want to Open The Bible to all people everywhere - in their own heart language.
Bible Society is committed to providing God's word to everyone. Whether it is through Bible translation work with local Indigenous brothers and sisters, or through Bible-based literacy programs for minority communities in Asia-Pacific and beyond - we want to Open The Bible for everyone through all means possible.
What can I do for my 20 minute challenges?
For your 20/20 Challenge, you can choose any activity that you would like to personally challenge yourself in. This could include reading the Bible, walking, running, cycling - you can decide!
Please be sure to follow your State's social distancing rules while participating in this challenge.
How do groups participate?
From your team, select a captain to register your team here: https://events.biblesociety.org.au/register/2020-challenge/team
The team captain can then invite team members via the team portal at https://events.biblesociety.org.au/login/team
Each team member can then either raise funds by sharing their fundraising page or by sharing the team fundraising page.
Teams can decide together whether to complete the same challenge activity or different types for activities.
What prizes are available?
Prizes will be awarded in the below categories:
- Top Individual Fundraiser Prize (First place): The individual who raises the most amount of money in the 20/20 Challenge at midnight 30 June 2020 will win a $200 Koorong shopping voucher.
- Top Individual Fundraiser Prize (Second place): The individual who raises the second most amount of money at midnight 30 June 2020 in the 20/20 Challenge will win a 'For The Love Of God' DVD from the Centre For Public Christianity.
- Top Team Fundraiser Prize (First place): The team who raises the most amount of money in the 20/20 Challenge at midnight 30 June 2020 will win an educational/community screening licence for 'For The Love of God' from the Centre For Public Christianity.
- Best storyteller: The individual who creates the most impressive blog posts on their fundraising page about their 20/20 Challenge experience will win a hardcopy of 'For the Love of God' book by the Centre For Public Christianity.
NEW PRIZE: The first 100 20/20 Challenge entrants to raise over $100 will receive a 20% discount coupon to use on their next purchase at Koorong. (Valid until 31 July 2020)
Winners will be selected based on amounts raised and blogs posted through the 20/20 Challenge online fundraising website at 00:00 AEST 1 July 2020.
How should I raise funds?
The best way to raise funds for the 20/20 Challenge is to register on this website and create a fundraising page.
You can then share your fundraising page via email, social media, sms or whatsapp with others who can sponsor you. There is also a video on the event website that you can download and share with your potential sponsors too so that they can see how their donation will help transform lives.
You can also keep your sponsors up to date with your challenge activities by posting blog updates on your fundraising page or on social media.
How much do I need to raise?
You can raise as much as you think you'd like to raise! When you set up your fundraising page, you will have the option to either keep the suggested target amount ($1000 for individuals, $4000 for teams) or you can change the amount to what you prefer.
Remember, there will be prizes for individuals and teams who raise the most amount of money by 30 June 2020. (See below FAQ question about prizes for more information)
Can churches, schools, youth groups and other organisations participate?
Yes! You can participate as a team.
From your church, school, youth group or organisation, select a captain to register your team using the registration buttons above. The team captain can then invite team members via the team portal.
Each team member can then either raise funds by sharing their fundraising page or by sharing the team fundraising page. Teams can decide together whether to complete the same challenge activity or different types for activities.
Feel free to use this powerpoint presentation to explain the event to your group.
How long can I keep raising funds for my challenge?
You can continue to raise funds after 30 June 2020 through to the end of the year.
Although please note that fundraising prizes will be awarded based on amounts raised at midnight 30 June 2020. (Please see above FAQ about prizes for more information).
Are donations towards the challenge tax-deductible?
All donations over $2 made towards Bible Society Australia's 20/20 Challenge are tax-deductible. When any donation is made through the 20/20 Challenge fundraising website, a receipt will be issued to the donor via the email address they have provided. The email will include a pdf donation receipt that will indicate the tax-deductibility status of the donation.
For any further enquiries about donations, please email email@example.com
What cause does my donation go towards?
All tax-deductible donations made through Bible Society Australia's 20/20 Challenge will go where it's needed most to help Open The Bible for people in Australia and around the world.
For a full listing of specific projects donations will be funding, visit Bible Society Australia's project website and look for the projects that feature a tax-deducitble icon.
Who can I contact for help or more information?
Please send 20/20 Challenge enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org