Challenge yourself to ride 360km or 630km and raise funds to
support Bible Society's Bible-based Literacy project in Mozambique.
Let's transform lives through literacy!
When? 2nd - 7th October 2022
Where? All 5 days of riding will start and finish at Cowra Baptist Church - 2 Bourke St, Cowra NSW
How much? $10 registration. $300 on road costs for riders and roadies. If you would like to only do part of the ride then the on road costs are $60 per day.
Why are we riding?
Mozambique is considered to be one of the world’s poorest nations, with more than 50% of the population living below the poverty line. Mozambique has a broad expression of religious beliefs, with a significant portion of the population Christian. However, the literacy level in many congregations means that the Bible is not easily read or understood, even by pastors. That is why Bible Society Australia are funding a Bible based literacy development project designed to teach people to read the Bible and provide basic literacy, numeracy and life skills.
Will you help us turn on the light of literacy for disadvantaged families today?
Who can I contact about this ride?
If you would like more information or have a question about this ride, please email us at email@example.com
Can I get a refund on my registration fee?
Yes, we will be very happy to organise a refund of your rego fee should the ride be cancelled. However, in all other circumstances the rego fee is non-refundable.
What do my on-road costs go towards?
• Accommodation at the Church.
• All meals from Sunday dinner to Friday lunch (including Church-based, on-road and when we dine out).
• All non-alcoholic drinks EXCEPT on-road purchases (eg coffees) and when we dine out.
• On-road booster snacks and fruit (but you need to BYO any special energy snacks or drinks).
• Daily Yoga sessions to warm up before each ride and to wind down afterwards.
Where will we be riding?
All 5 days of planned ride routes will start and finish at Cowra Baptist Church - 2 Bourke St, Cowra.
We will have two teams of riders to cater for different levels of ability and, depending on numbers on the day, we will split each team into a faster group and a slower group:
• The A Team will cover 130-140kms most days, with the faster group averaging 30+/-kph and the slower group averaging 25+/-kph. Total distance 624kms over 5 days.
• The B Team will cover 60-80kms each day, with the faster group averaging 25+/-kph and the slower group averaging 20+/-kph. Total distance 363kms over 5 days.
Each day you can choose a group to reflect your fitness and confidence. Some days the teams meet up at the meal stops, which also lets you change up or down if needed. And if riding 5 days in a row proves too much for you then you can just take a rest day.
Raised so far